Steering Committee Meeting Minutes, Tuesday, April 29, 2019 6:30p-8:30p
Louisville Free Public Main Library North Building Board Room
- Kehontas Rowe
- Loren Hill
- Bret Walker - Minutes
- Robert Kahne - Chair
- Chris Harrell
- Dawn Howard
Meeting called to order.
Robert moved to accept mins Bret seconded Approved
No new reports of Officers, Boards, Standing Committees.
Reports of Special Committees.
Renters’ Rights Update
- Loren talked to MHC and they’re excited to continue working with us on this app
- Loren has also talked to Urban League
- We will try to schedule a meeting with partners before the next meeting
- Bret, Loren, Kehontas will try to get together by May 10
- Kehontas may have contact from River City Housing
Center for Health Equity Project Update
- Angela came to last meeting
- Robert got some people from R Stats Meetup
- Jake Mercer, Eric Cook, and Robert met
- Center for Health Equity wanted to look at jail data
- Center for Health Equity came out with research questions and the working group worked through questions w data
- Working group met with Center for Health Equity and presented their data, got feedback, and are polishing up what they’re working on
- Robert will try to get together w working group and figure out how to publish
- (Cross talk about budget cuts)
- Bret brought up how to publish the data, research, and open up future work for additional collaborators
- Robert will try to talk about work at R Stats meetup
No Special Orders.
Unfinished Business and General Orders.
- Robert brought up expanding the steering committee
- Pat Smith has constrints on his time and had to step down
- Kehontas discussed making an open call for steering committee members
- Kehontas and Robert discussed inviting partners to consider joingin the steering committee
- Loren brought up reaching out to people from our initial organizational meeting
- Various people spoke about reaching out to contacts they know
- Bret asked about another large meetup
- Robert said we had discussed meeting quarterly
- Board discusssed holding meeting in July, possibly July 20
- Robert discussed bringing in someone to talk about KORA
Chris discussed an open data ordinance session
- Scheduled next meeting for 6:30pm May 31, 2019
No further business.
Bret moved for meeting to adjourned Kehontas seconded Meeting adjourned