Steering Committee Meeting Minutes, Mon., September 9, 2019 6:00p-7:30p
The Smoketown Collective 900 S Shelby St, Louisville, KY 40203
Ryane Puckett Angela Graham Dawn Howard Kyle Miller Bret Walker Robert Kahne
. Reading and approval of the minutes.
- Dawn moved to approve, Bret seconded. Minutes approved.
- Reports of Officers, Boards, Standing Committees.
- No reports.
- Reports of Special Committees.
- Discussion of ongoing apps and projects:
- Renters’ rights
- Bret still working on app. Hoping to get it to get some basic styling done on it soon so we can start veting it with partners.
- Teacher swap meet site
- Things are starting to move
- Emilie Blanton and Don Baker, teachers active in JCTA, met with Robert and introduced him to Brent McKim, president of JCTA
- Robert to meet with Brent, a JCTA liason, and JCPS on Thursday
- Robert has a couple of people who are intersted in developing
- Robert plans to get together with those people and report back
- KentuckianaWorks project
- Wanted to develop app to allow people to show people possible careers, display connections between jobs
- Kyle looking into licenses (O*Net database/API have different licenses)
- Bret created repo for Austyn Hill to upload data set she worked on at the event
- Need interested parties to move forward
- Commenting app
- Angela followed up
- Meeting on 22nd with Ben, Angela, and two developers
- 2 ideas:
- commeting app to capture contact
- something that would make a widget and let other folks use the same concept on their site
- Renters’ rights
Unfinished Business and General Orders.
- Robert will send out survey
- New Business.
- Robert going to do an RStudio Cloud event with SPJ to teach some basic data wrangling
- Ryane and Robert going to brigade congress (Oct 18-20)
- Bret will order stickers
- Ryane willing to be co-chair since Kehontas has moved away from Louisville
- Discussion of a potential joing CFK-IxDA Meetup
- Bret moved to adjourn, Dawn seconded. Meeting adjourned.