Steering Committee Meeting Minutes, Tues., October 22 9, 2019 6:00p-7:30p
Louisville Metro Public Health Department 400 E. Gray St., Louisville, KY 40202
Angela Graham Kyle Miller Bret Walker Robert Kahne
Also in attendance: Austyn Hill
- Robert called meeting to order
- Reading and approval of the minutes.
- Kyle moved to bring meeting to order. Bret seconded. Approved.
- Reports of Officers, Boards, Standing Committees.
- Robert reporting on Brigade Congress
- Talked about collaborating with Indiana brigades. Indy brigade working on rentry app for women exiting prision.
- Code for Boston member/caseworker has calculator for caseworkers to Social Security windfall tax
- Robert will reach out to John Yarmith’s office to see if there’s interst in using the app here
- Discussion of CourtBot. Bret and Kyle have a call with Administrative Office of the Court contact to discuss.
- Open data bill may be introduced in 2020 General Assembly. How can we help?
- Robert discussed the value of a monthly meetup, which was a key aspect of other brigades he spoke with at the Congress
- Reports of Special Committees.
- Discussion of ongoing apps and projects:
- Renters’ rights
- Bret stil working. Hoping to snag a UX person at IxDA meetup, then take back to partners.
- Teacher swap meet site
- Repository/hub of resources for teachers. A couple of meetings have happened, and the next step is to meet in early November. JCTA working on getting teachers together for focus group.
- KentuckianaWorks project
- Austyn working on something, may have something for IxDA meetup
- Commenting app
- Main developer haivng trouble getting approval for working on a side project, but it’s moving up the chain. Bret will send an email to Angela, Michael, Di, and Ben Carter to see about a simple POC.
- Robert hosting event with SPJ
- Nov 21 at Smoketown Collecive - focused on data wrangling R
- Renters’ rights
- CFK + IxDA Meetup
- Monday 10/28 6-8
Unfinished Business and General Orders.
- Robert will send out survey
- New Business.
- Austyn Hill discussed sponsorship by Software Guild
- Bret brought up how to host sites. Can CFA help us?
- Bret motioned to adjourn. Angela seconded. Meeting adjourned.